We want you to be sure that Lily’s retreat is the perfect choice for you and your cat(s) and are pleased to offer viewings which are by appointment. We accept bookings from one day to extended holidays
HEALTH AND WELL BEING
In accordance with animal welfare, a condition of boarding is that your pet is in a fit and healthy condition and has proof of vaccination.
All cats must be vaccinated against feline enteritis and flu. Vets recommend that your cat is also vaccinated against feline leukaemia. Vaccinations must have been within the last twelve months and at least seven days prior to boarding.
Cats are boarded at the sole risk of the owner and whilst every care will be taken, Lily’s Retreat Cattery cannot be liable for illness, injury or death of any animal in their care.
Unneutered toms over the age of 6 months and unneutered females over the age of 8 months cannot be accepted.
If your cat should appear unwell whilst in our care, we will contact your vet if they are in our locality. If this is not possible we will enlist the services of our own vet, fees are at the expense of the owner. We will always attempt to contact you first or your representative for emergencies. However, if this is not possible (for example if it is an emergency and you do not answer your phone or are in a different timezone) then you must agree to accept charges incurred otherwise we will not be able to board your cat.
Any fees incurred as a result of a pre-existing condition will be the responsibility of the owner and must be paid for on collection.
All cancellations must be made in writing, preferably by email.
A deposit of 50% of the boarding fee is required to secure your booking which is refundable in full should you cancel with 30 days or more notice.
An invoice will be issued for the cancelled booking. If you have travel insurance, the insurance company may reimburse you.
FAILURE TO COLLECT
Should you fail to pick up your pet, we reserve the right to remove your cat if not collected within two weeks of the agreed pick up date and if all attempts to contact you or your emergency contact numbers have all failed to get a response.
Where cats from the same household are accommodated together in the same room, we reserve the right to separate the cats if necessary, i.e. if they are not getting along whilst in the cattery environment. The appropriate charges will apply.
- A minimum boarding fee of £30.00 applies [this covers the cost of litter for the tray and cleaning.] Christmas and school holidays – minimum 7 day stay unless special arrangements are available for shorter periods – please ask.
- Prices are inclusive of heating, premium brands of cat food and administration of medicines.
- Only cats from the same family home may share accommodation, at the owner’s request.
Public and Bank Holiday days incur an additional 50% charge for each day. Christmas Day, Boxing Day and New Year’s Day incur an additional 100% charge for each day.
CHECK IN AND CHECK OUTS
To avoid disturbance to our guests and congestion in reception we operate an appointment system for arrivals and departures. On weekdays we accept cats between the hours of 07:30 and 19:00. At weekends and bank holidays pickups and drop-offs are between and 08:30 and 09:30 or between 17:00 and 19:00
- A current vaccination certificate.
- Prescription food/ medication if applicable.
- Favourite toys, blankets, brush.
- Booking forms and additional sheet/s of information [ if applicable]
DEPOSITS AND DAYS CHARGED
- Day of arrival, day of departure and all days booked are charged for.
- A deposit of 50% of the charges should be paid at the time of booking . the balance is payable 30 days before arrival.
- Discount applies for bookings of 30 days or more. Please ask for details.
- If you have any further queries including the availability of dates or would like to make a reservation, please email firstname.lastname@example.org as first point of contact. You can also call 01494-875986 or 07810-791775 although response can be a little slower to phone calls.